Friday, January 26, 2018

Review: Super Retro-Cade by Retro-Bit

Back in the day, if you wanted to play aracade game, you had to go to the local arcade and feed quarters into a machine until you ran out of money or got bored. Sometimes the controls were broken or something was jammed in the coin slot. Well, what if I told you that you could relive those days again but with the broken controls, jammed slots, or even leaving your house? Enter the Super Retro-Cade by Retro-Bit.



This is a plug an play arcade system that hooks up to your TV and plays in HD. You're probably thinking this device has a bunch of shovelware or garbage games but you might be surprisingly wrong. This device feature some amazing titles such as:



That is over 90 games with titles from Capcom, Data East, and other major publishers. Out of the box, this system comes with two controllers, an SD cart slot for save states, and the ability to hook it up to your HD or SD TV. So how much does something this awesome cost? $200, nope. $100, nope. Try $59.99. Yes, you read that right, it's the price of a brand new Playstation 4 or Xbox One game. That's a crazy value for the amount and quality of these games.

 
This probably sounds too good to be true. I know what you're thinking, "It's got great games, two controllers, ability to play in HD or SD and it's cheap. What's the catch?" Honestly, I couldn't find anything I didn't like about this except that it didn't have the two Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games and The Simpsons Arcade Games, but that is expected because of licensing issues. For those tech savy readers, there are whispers in the wind that you can add those titles and many others to this system but I won't comment on that because that is piracy.

 
So would I recommend this product? Yes, I definitly would. In fact, I have already recommended it to numerous people. I have a blast using the one I bought recently. I love how clear the picture is, I love the game selections, I love the feel and shape of the controllers, and I definitly love the price of it. I highly recommend this for any retro gamers espically if they love arcade game. I give this product an A+.



No comments:

Post a Comment