Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Gotta Cash Them All

I have about 20 hours into Pokemon Ultra Moon so far, but something has bothered me about it and I think I finally figured it out.I like it way more than the original Moon. I felt at the time (and still do) that the original Sun and Moon were rushed, unpolished, and felt like things were missing that should be there. I felt cheated by Game Freak/Pokémon Company about it.Ultra Sun/Moon is basically the “Crystal/Emerald/Platnium” version of this generation, but it felt like all the things that were missing from Sun and Moon were finally added. I feel cheated because if they delayed the original Sun and Moon by 6 months or so they could have released these as Sun and Moon.I feel like they rushed Sun and Moon because of the Anniversary and Pokémon Go Mania  last year, then released this one (their original vision that couldn’t be finished because of time constraints) this year, almost 1 year to the day later. I felt like it was a cash grab last year. It felt like Game Freak and the Pokémon Company did something that I would expect from Electronic Arts, but not them.I have always played the latest version of Pokémon up until the next version were released. Sun/Moon were the first ones that after I finished them I didn’t keep searching, battling, capturing, or even playing. I liked it at the time but something always felt off about it which caused me to stop playing it. This seems to be the reason why the game didn’t hold my interest as much as earlier versions had.I hope I’m wrong about this, but I don’t think I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment