Monday, November 2, 2015

Review: Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash


Available On: Nintendo 3DS

Story: Aliens have invaded Earth, stealing resources along with everyone's favorite snacks, and it's up to Chibi-Robo and his partner Telly to save the day.

Game Play: This plays like your standard Platformer game where you control Chibi-Robo and use your cord to lash at enemies or to propel yourself around the area.


Look: This game has the look that Chibi-Robo fans have grown to love from previous games. The easiest way to describe it to someone who hasn't played the series before is a tiny robot in our normal size world.

Sound: I liked the sound effects used in the game, but I met the music was OK at best. A better soundtrack would of really helped with the games final presentation.

Replay Value: Earlier levels have hidden items and areas that are only accessible by features you unlock later in the game. 



Pros: I did like using Chibi-Robo's cable to wipe enemies and to zip around the levels.

Cons: My biggest pet peeve with this game is the stage select screen. Its a rotating wheel. While you can get chances to increase your odds of getting a different stage, I hate this feature. Why not just have the traditional way of having a level order or a map that you can move around to choose your level order.


Overall: While it is fun whipping your enemies and zipping around the levels, I feel this game is not that great as a physical release. I have enjoyed previous Chibi-Robo games but this one seemed to fall short for me. The only reason I am now happy I got the game is because I really wanted the Chibi-Robo Amiibo figure and its only available bundled with the game.

Score: C-


No comments:

Post a Comment